Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wayne W. Dyer - PBS "Excuses Begone"

Sometime ago, to be exact on October 28, 2009, I posted "Imagination" which I copied from "Wisdom of the Ages", a book I was reading in Kent Library, written by Dr. Dyer. Today, he was on TV's Public Broadcasting Station and I watched intently the presentation he gave "Excuses Begone". I was once again mesmerized. In fact, I called several of my friends, told them "drop everything you're doing and turn on Channel 13. " I listened for more than two hours.

Wherever you are, if you are feeling lonely, depressed, feeling sorry for yourself, or whatever ails you, then I suggest you obtain this book "Excuses Begone"....and start a new life for yourself. There is a book especially for children carrying the same title which should be a must in every household.

On a different note: In the mail once a week, a small magazine is placed in our mailboxes which contains mostly classified ads. However, to fill in spaces, are little tidbits which I enjoy reading. I am ging to refer to them as "DID YOU KNOW" and will post them from time to time. although I cannot swear as to their veracity.

DID YOU KNOW:

Peanuts are an ingredient of dynamite.

A snail can sleep for three years.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

The San Francisco cable cars are the only mobile national monuments.

Dating back to the 1600's thermometers were filled with brandy instead of mercury.

Time slows down near a black hole; inside it stops completely.

Ancient Greeks and Romans believed asparagus had medicinal qualities for preventing bee stings and relieving toothaches.

Bacteria, the tiniest free-living cells, are so small that a single drop of liquid contains as many as 50 million of them

Liquid detergent is added to the beer in beer commercials to make more foam.

Before 1859, baseball umpires were seated in padded chairs behind home plate.


Until next time........Elvira

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more in the 'Did You Know?' series.

    ReplyDelete