Friday, October 9, 2009

Watermelon Seed

Hi....

Something a little different today. A day at the Library: Rather than sit alone in my apartment, especially on a dreary, cloudy day, I visit the Kent Library. I sit there sometimes for several hours and just read. I came across this little adage one day, written many years ago , by William Jennings Bryan....and I hope you enjoy reading it, too.


POINTS TO PONDER:
Observe the power of the watermelon seed. It has the power of drawing from the ground and through itself. 200,000 times its weight. When you can tell me how it takes this material and out of it colors an outside surface beyond the imitation of art, and then forms inside of it a white rind and within that again a red heart, thickly inlaid with black seeds, each one of which in turn is capable of drawing through itself 200,000 its weight.......when you can explain the mystery of a watermelon, you can ask me to explain the mystery of God!

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation! What a wonderful experience to meet you! Though perhaps still not the Oldest Blogger, in these days to pass 100 is not so rare. She was not a blogger, but lived 113 til not so long ago in this town where I live On Long Island, N.Y.
    I don't know where Carmel Is?
    My E-mail: giselanagy26@optonline.net
    Please write! I use only my nick name: Blue Bird :-)

    ReplyDelete